1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

TRANSFERINg from CARIB

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by dknykid1980, Oct 17, 2001.

1. dknykid1980

dknykid1980 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all

I'm an undergrad thinking of going to the Caribs. I've heard of ppl transfering to the states from teh Caribs. HAs anyone heard or know of people that have done this?

Is this pretty plausible?

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Magree

Magree Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi:

I don't know anyone who was able to transfer but I know it has been done. I wouldn't do it unless you are prepared to stay in the Carrib since it is very difficult to predict whether places will be open for transfer etc. and other U.S. grads who want to change location will be accepted before you. Hope this helps.

M-

4. Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member

Agreed, don't go thinking you will transfer, but that you will stay. That being said, maybe a dozen or so from the whole region do transfer to the US, and the schools themselves where this is possible supply much info for their students on when and where and under what circumstances this has been done, since it looks good for their programs that US schools considered their carib schools good enough to accept the transfer from.