transfering from Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phisigman03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to transfer to a US school after attending from caribb school like Ross U ? I heard that it was impossible but what if you have good USMLE and GPA ? Can anyone give me names of US schools that accept transfer Ross students???

Members don't see this ad.

Something like 4-5% do that (mostly in SGU, Ross & AUC) but it has a lot to do with what state you live in, and what connections you have.

McGillGrad said:
Something like 4-5% do that (mostly in SGU, Ross & AUC) but it has a lot to do with what state you live in, and what connections you have.

I live in ARK. but the guy told me that the school thaat I am transfering from must be in the US and LCME. The only one that I have found so far is Dartmouth and the guy there told me that it is basically impossible doesn't matter how high my GPA or good my USMLE score is.

Members don't see this ad :)
you could try some of the puerto rican medical schools. I had a friend that transferred into Ponce School of Medicine from a foriegn school. Most people don't realize the schools in PR are LCME accred. Hope this helps out.

phisigman03 said:
I live in ARK. but the guy told me that the school thaat I am transfering from must be in the US and LCME. The only one that I have found so far is Dartmouth and the guy there told me that it is basically impossible doesn't matter how high my GPA or good my USMLE score is.

pr_guy said:
you could try some of the puerto rican medical schools. I had a friend that transferred into Ponce School of Medicine from a foriegn school. Most people don't realize the schools in PR are LCME accred. Hope this helps out.

True they are LCME accred. but don't you have to know spanish? I mean fluently especially since you have to see real patients. I appreciate the post but I was really looking for a way to come back to the main land.

This is true.... but most of the main-landers here hardly speak the language - you'd be really suprised. best of luck with the transfer.

phisigman03 said:
True they are LCME accred. but don't you have to know spanish? I mean fluently especially since you have to see real patients. I appreciate the post but I was really looking for a way to come back to the main land.