Transfering to a market with higher pay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nutripharma

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello. If you have transferred or have assisted in a transfer, could you help me out with a few questions? I am currently working at Walgreens and I wanted to know what the transfer process is like. Also, if I am transfering to a market with higher pay, will they increase my hourly pay? If not, what are my options?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Well - Walgreens is pretty good about creating a circumstance where you will not get a pay raise and there are no options so...
 
Well - Walgreens is pretty good about creating a circumstance where you will not get a pay raise and there are no options so...
Yeah looks like i'll have to edit this to ask for advice from the people who've done this before or have heard of it being done before. Thanks though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah looks like i'll have to edit this to ask for advice from the people who've done this before or have heard of it being done before. Thanks though.

Ok I’ll try to be more helpful - the best way to approach this would be to call your district manager and ask those questions specifically. A strategy among the “higher ups” is to transfer low paid employees (without a market adjustment) into the higher paid markets to slowly start to lower the rates across the board.

Ask those questions and do not be afraid to advocate for yourself. Just don’t be surprised
 
Ok I’ll try to be more helpful - the best way to approach this would be to call your district manager and ask those questions specifically. A strategy among the “higher ups” is to transfer low paid employees (without a market adjustment) into the higher paid markets to slowly start to lower the rates across the board.

Ask those questions and do not be afraid to advocate for yourself. Just don’t be surprised

Thank you. I will keep that in mind.