Transfering to another program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zuwie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about possibly transferring to another program. Has anyone had similar experiences? How hard is this usually?

Members don't see this ad.

I am thinking about possibly transferring to another program. Has anyone had similar experiences? How hard is this usually?

I would assume that it would be contingent on how 'good' your reason is for transferring.

My residency took several transfers. Two of them were in my year, & both were IMGs. It didn't appear to be a problem. Just make sure you meet all of the requirements to practice in the state where you plan on going.

----- Antony

try emailing PD at institutions you are interested in. Every year there are positions available at other institutions (even the very top ones) at varying years of training, and most of these are NOT advertised because the program does not want to appear to be hemorrhaging residents.

Worst that can happen is that they say "no, we don't have an opening."