transferring after P1 year to another pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kitana9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to an out of state pharmacy school and I am still on the waitlist at another school. At this point in the cycle it isn't looking good so I need to start thinking about transfers. I know it is really hard to transfer pharmacy schools, but it still happens, right? How do you transfer schools? Who should I contact? Do I still go through PharmCAS to do it?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to an out of state pharmacy school and I am still on the waitlist at another school. At this point in the cycle it isn't looking good so I need to start thinking about transfers. I know it is really hard to transfer pharmacy schools, but it still happens, right? How do you transfer schools? Who should I contact? Do I still go through PharmCAS to do it?

Like you said, it is not easy to transfer into a different pharmacy program. I would try to contact those prospective pharmacy schools and try to get some perspective on the issue. They will be able to tell you if they will even consider accepting a transfer student and what the procedures are in doing so.

Like you said, it is not easy to transfer into a different pharmacy program. I would try to contact those prospective pharmacy schools and try to get some perspective on the issue. They will be able to tell you if they will even consider accepting a transfer student and what the procedures are in doing so.

Yeah, you need to contact individual schools - policies vary. Often a school cannot accept any transfers. Pharmacy classes are set sizes and normally schools do not have the facilities (labs) to accommodate more. Also there is the issue of different schools having some classes at different times during the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if it was allowed, there's a good possibility that you need to start over again. So there's no point in going this route.