Transferring as an Undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aileenmichele

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! So I'm planning on transferring to FSU (Florida State University) for the Spring 2013 term. I currently attend Florida International University and I currently have 53 credits, by the end of fall i'll have more than 60 credits which means i'll start FSU as a Junior. I'll have the same major also so that won't be a problem. I was just wondering if any of you think this will inflict on my future application to PT school? Do they care if you transfer during your undergrad?? I'm done with about half of my pre-reqs so i'd just do the other half up at FSU.

Does anyone have any personal stories or comments they'd like to share?
ANYTHING will be really appreciated!! Thanks for reading

Oh also, I have a 3.4 GPA including my pre-reqs and i'm in the FIU Honors college

Members don't see this ad.

Plenty of people transfer, so it's not really an issue. A few schools require that you take all pre-reqs at a university and not at a community college, but the majority don't care either way.

Plenty of people transfer, so it's not really an issue. A few schools require that you take all pre-reqs at a university and not at a community college, but the majority don't care either way.

Oh well neither of those are community colleges so perfect! Thanks for responding :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on active duty military when I started college and took courses at any nearby college/university who would take me. Before I knew it, I went to 6 schools before finishing my pre-requisites. It was a PITA when filling out PTCAS (it made me cringe). In the end, I did manage to get acceptance letters from a few PT programs. I think you will be okay :).

I was on active duty military when I started college and took courses at any nearby college/university who would take me. Before I knew it, I went to 6 schools before finishing my pre-requisites. It was a PITA when filling out PTCAS (it made me cringe). In the end, I did manage to get acceptance letters from a few PT programs. I think you will be okay :).

Oh, okay cool! Congrats on getting in and thank you :)

You'll be fine, I doubt they care.

Hey I am at FIU too. How do you get into the Honors College?

Hey all! So I'm planning on transferring to FSU (Florida State University) for the Spring 2013 term. I currently attend Florida International University and I currently have 53 credits, by the end of fall i'll have more than 60 credits which means i'll start FSU as a Junior. I'll have the same major also so that won't be a problem. I was just wondering if any of you think this will inflict on my future application to PT school? Do they care if you transfer during your undergrad?? I'm done with about half of my pre-reqs so i'd just do the other half up at FSU.

Does anyone have any personal stories or comments they'd like to share?
ANYTHING will be really appreciated!! Thanks for reading

Oh also, I have a 3.4 GPA including my pre-reqs and i'm in the FIU Honors college