SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

transferring schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by cyclonesurfer, Feb 27, 2007.

1. a poster in another thread (about NYU) mentioned that several students have transferred schools.

can anyone elaborate?

Is this possible? Does it happen commonly? How does one go about transferring?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jackbauer!

jackbauer! Guest

Jul 2, 2006
    West of MLK
    do a search for in depth info (it's been discussed many times)... but here is my take on it..

transferring is possible but NOT probable. basically you have to find another school where the curriculum matches up almost identically or else you will have to jump through many hoops including delayed graduation. plus, there must be a spot open at the school you are transferring to. finally, you must be in good standing at the school in which you attend.

soooo with that said, i would not considering transferring a option.

jb!:)

4. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe 5+ Year Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Tejas
    Only in a few situations, marriage, taking care of a sick relative, something along those lines.

5. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Akron, OH
    I asked about this. I was told that VERY few spots are available for transfers... and basically only if a member of that existing class drops out and generally its tough bc curriculums are so different from school to school.