• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

cyclonesurfer

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
SoCal!!! The best place in the world!
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
a poster in another thread (about NYU) mentioned that several students have transferred schools.

can anyone elaborate?

Is this possible? Does it happen commonly? How does one go about transferring?

Thanks in advance for the help.

J

jackbauer!

a poster in another thread (about NYU) mentioned that several students have transferred schools.

can anyone elaborate?

Is this possible? Does it happen commonly? How does one go about transferring?

Thanks in advance for the help.

do a search for in depth info (it's been discussed many times)... but here is my take on it..

transferring is possible but NOT probable. basically you have to find another school where the curriculum matches up almost identically or else you will have to jump through many hoops including delayed graduation. plus, there must be a spot open at the school you are transferring to. finally, you must be in good standing at the school in which you attend.

soooo with that said, i would not considering transferring a option.

jb!:)

Drill2Fill

DentalStudentWannabe
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2006
Tejas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Only in a few situations, marriage, taking care of a sick relative, something along those lines.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
Akron, OH
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I asked about this. I was told that VERY few spots are available for transfers... and basically only if a member of that existing class drops out and generally its tough bc curriculums are so different from school to school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.