Transferring to another school

Started by Cornish
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cornish

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be starting vet school this September in Scotland. I am very excited and have no plans on trying to transfer at this point, but I thought it was something I should at least educate myself on. Has anyone transferred schools or know someone who has?

So far I have learned schools will only take a transfer if someone dropped out and mostly only during second year. Slots seem to be few and far between and it is not something anyone should count on.

Has anyone gone through the process here or have first-hand info on trying to transfer?
 
Sorry 🙁

but let us know how Scotland is... one of the places I'm considering..