Transferring to AUA clinicals requirements.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovepath

Y
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Transferring to AUA clinicals requirements.

Hi, I am likely Transferring to AUA clinicals and would like to know how to best fulfill some of their requirements.
They require an HIV test, PPD test, and UDS, urine drug screen. Is there any way to get this done free/nominal charge? Can you recommend any programs to accomplish these items?
They require a Hipaa training, bloodborne pathogen training, and BCLS training. Is there any way to get this done free/nominal charge? Can you recommend any programs to accomplish these items?
Did your criminal background check cost around 24$? Can you just print out the sexual predator status from online?
You don't have to fill out their New York clinicals form unless you do clinicals in New york right?

Thank you for all your help with these required forms.

Members don't see this ad.

You can take healthcare provider BLS at most any local Red Cross. It's not free, but last I checked it's somewhere between $40-60 and then the certification stays good for 2-3 years.

For the UDS, PPD, etc. if you don't have a primary care doc, I would think the cheapest place might be a local health department (city or county). You could try telephoning the one(s) in your area. Another option might be a medical school clinic (i.e. one of those student run clinics that some med schools have) or church-run clinic, but sometimes they don't have great ability to do a bunch of lab tests. If they do, however, sometimes they just have nominal fees for lab tests if you can show financial need.

HIPAA training - you could try googling it online to see if there is training anywhere online...doubt it will be free though. Same for the criminal background check...