Transferring to LIU ~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

froot loop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiiii. I am currently a freshman in college and thinking about pursuing a career in pharmacy. I want to transfer to LIU, but I've done research online and I've read several threads on this forum about how difficult it is to transfer to the school.

Just wondering, is it possible to transfer to LIU as an undeclared major in the spring semester and later on decide to go into pre-pharm? And if so, is it easier this way to get into the pre-pharm program at LIU?

I know that LIU only accepts transfers into the pre-pharm program in the fall semester. Is it harder to transfer into LIU's pre-pharm program in the fall?

:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. I was thinking about applying here, but they only accept about 10% transfer students. They reserve the seats for their pre-pharm student who already enrolled in the school. If you want to transfer there, you need to apply early and have outstanding academic record, PCAT score as well as pharmacy related experiences.

I don't think so. I was thinking about applying here, but they only accept about 10% transfer students. They reserve the seats for their pre-pharm student who already enrolled in the school. If you want to transfer there, you need to apply early and have outstanding academic record, PCAT score as well as pharmacy related experiences.

I'm pretty sure transferring into there pre-pharm is a cake. OR if they give you a problem, you transfer in as a Bio major or a Chem major and then just switch. It's really not a big deal. I was "pre-pharm" for a bit, even says it on my transcript. But then I decided since I was a transfer, it would take me like 3 years really to get the pre-reqs done. Might as well work a little harder and get my BS in Biology. So basically just transfer as whatever. It's not the "pre-pharm" part that is competitive. It's the Pharmacy school that you need to re-apply for. 2+4 program so just get yourself in there if that is really your first preference. You could always apply to back up schools when it comes to reapplying for the professional phase.

I'm pretty sure transferring into there pre-pharm is a cake. OR if they give you a problem, you transfer in as a Bio major or a Chem major and then just switch. It's really not a big deal. I was "pre-pharm" for a bit, even says it on my transcript. But then I decided since I was a transfer, it would take me like 3 years really to get the pre-reqs done. Might as well work a little harder and get my BS in Biology. So basically just transfer as whatever. It's not the "pre-pharm" part that is competitive. It's the Pharmacy school that you need to re-apply for. 2+4 program so just get yourself in there if that is really your first preference. You could always apply to back up schools when it comes to reapplying for the professional phase.

I called the admissions office and asked, and the person told me I can take courses to complete a degree in Health Sciences. And on LIU's websites, it lists all the prerequisites required to get into the professional phase of pharmacy into four semesters. Does that mean I would have to complete all the prequisites within four semesters, or it doesn't matter as long as I complete all the required courses?