Transferring to Northwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Storm9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be starting UIC this fall as a freshman in biomedical engineering.

I want to transfer to Northwestern either next fall or more likley in 2 years(bioeng major)...

How difficult do u guys think it will be? If i work my a** off and get say about 3.5-3.8 GPA?

My Act score was 27, and high school GPA was 3.3 with many honors/Ap classes.

Members don't see this ad.

Storm9 said:
I am going to be starting UIC this fall as a freshman in biomedical engineering.

I want to transfer to Northwestern either next fall or more likley in 2 years(bioeng major)...

How difficult do u guys think it will be? If i work my a** off and get say about 3.5-3.8 GPA?

My Act score was 27, and high school GPA was 3.3 with many honors/Ap classes.

Transfering into NU is very difficult in general, since it's on the quarter system. As a result, transferring credits is tricky. I just graduated from NU, and from what I hear transfering into the engineering school can be tough, but I know people who've done it. You should also keep in mind that BME has the repuation as the hardest and most time consuming major at the school.

I agree transferring to quarters from semesters is really difficult. Plus, transferring to NU in general is difficult, especially in engineering. Maybe you should think about why you want to go to northwestern in the first place. Is it just the name? Did you apply there in the first place and get rejected? if so, i've heard that they don't usually let you in the second time around. of course, nothing is impossible and if you really want it, i'm sure you can figure out a way.