transferring undergrad universities

Started by pillhappy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pillhappy

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I transferred to UCSD to UCSC for my 2nd year of college. I'm now in my third year at UCSC, but I really don't like it here. I would really like to transfer to UCB, but I am already in my 3rd year of college. Also, I'm not sure how competitive an applicant I am as an intercampus transfer again because my GPA actually went down in UCSC since I was so unhappy here. I was going to do a five year plan away to complete my BS, and was wondering what you thought of this? Should I stick it out and just finish the last two years at UCSC or transfer to UCB (last two years = 4th and 5th year)? This will be my second time transferring, so I don't know how admissions will think of it. UCSF and UOP has already told me that they don't really care because a lot of people jump around junior colleges in order to fulfill the pre-reqs. Please tell me your opinions! Oh yea, maybe I should add that I am mostly done with my pre-reqs for pharmacy school...if that makes a difference or not.


Thanks!
 
I don't really think it matters, just as long as u do better, and complete pre-recs and what not. If UOP and UCSF are the ones you are looking at anyways, than u should be fine. I wouldnt want to stay in a place i dislike/hate, your learning environment should be a place you want to be where you are more comfortable, cuz u said ur grades are worse there. Personally, Id change schools.

...hopefully this helps, and good luck!
 
I have transcripts from 4 universities over 4 years (although one was just 1 class taken near home during the summer), and I was accepted to mwu-ccp, so I don't think the number of schools matter, just the grades. Good luck!
 
were u enrolled in the other three universities as a student or was it for like a semester or for summer school? why did u decide to transfer three times?