Transferring Walmart to Sam's Club

Started by ABCPharmD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ABCPharmD

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been with Walmart for about 6 months now and my home store is about an hour away from where I live. A Sam's Club PIC position just opened that's 3 miles from my apartment, so I'm tempted to apply. I'm curious if anyone else has transferred from Walmart to Sam's Club. I imagine it can't be too different since they both use Connexus.
 
I've been with Walmart for about 6 months now and my home store is about an hour away from where I live. A Sam's Club PIC position just opened that's 3 miles from my apartment, so I'm tempted to apply. I'm curious if anyone else has transferred from Walmart to Sam's Club. I imagine it can't be too different since they both use Connexus.

I believe it's basically identical. There are only two Sam's's in Hawaii, so their PTO is occasionally covered by Walmart pharmacists.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been with Walmart for about 6 months now and my home store is about an hour away from where I live. A Sam's Club PIC position just opened that's 3 miles from my apartment, so I'm tempted to apply. I'm curious if anyone else has transferred from Walmart to Sam's Club. I imagine it can't be too different since they both use Connexus.
Doesn't the same Walmart policy apply to Sams, where you have to be with the company for 2 years minimum before you're eligible to be a PIC?
 
They both use connexus, this is an advantage, but Sams club has their own culture, it also depends on who is your DM, micromanagement could be an issue, you will have to do something related to "customer services" such as selling "plus membership" to your patients...presenting on monthly health events, keep tracking your business growth (10%) or your store will be on the DM's list...if you do not care, it's all good , you have a better working hours and every Sunday's off ! Good luck !
 
I can assure you that Walmart has no such policy.

I can also attest to that. Most of our job openings are for a manager and since most staff don't want to do it, they usually bring in someone outside the company.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
Last edited:
No kidding. Last five PIC changes (not due to leave of absence) in my market involved inter-market transfer of an existing PIC or external hire. It's hard to find good help...

And to be blunt none of my former old-timer colleagues consider Walmart a good move (all CVS and a buddy over at Smith's)
 
Last edited: