transferring while in UG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

goracing88

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion or suggestion about transferring while being an UG and how much that would effect one's pharm school process? I am about to complete my second year at a university. However, I would like to transfer to a university that's closer to home, and that is a commuter one(which will save me money). Do you think pharm schools would care that much as long as you got the prerequisites completed with an acceptable gpa? I talked to two pharm schools, and they basically said it didn't matter, and it's not like I would be going from a uni to a community college. What do you think? thanks
 
I transferred 3 times in undergrad and I even started out in theatre/music. It made no difference at all. I did end at a University and start at a community college though.