transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FowlersGap

The Original Knight Rider
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How easy is it to transfer out of your med school to another, DO or MD?

I don't plan on doing this; but i'm just curious. Is it something that is unheard of; or does it happen from time to time.
 
I don't know much, but I know it can happen. A 2nd year student I know is transferring to an MD school in his home state, mainly because of family hardship. YOu have to have a really good reason in order for your school to let you go without a fight. Schools do not like to lose students.


It is hard but it can be done. From what I hear, it is easiest to do between 2nd and 3rd years, though.

Best of luck