• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

GOB

... with Club Sauce
10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Does anyone know of programs that are reopening / expanding for the 2007-2008 academic year? I am currently in my PGY-4 year looking for a one year spot to complete my residency.

My program is currently in turmoil with the possibility of complete department turnover and loss of the majority (if not all) of the staff. As a result several stafff have suggested the residents start looking for new departments. Unfortunately we do not have a program director to help us.

Thanks

[email protected]

deringer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2001
Status (Visible)
I know you probably want to keep it quiet, but what program are you currently at?

Does anyone know of programs that are reopening / expanding for the 2007-2008 academic year? I am currently in my PGY-4 year looking for a one year spot to complete my residency.

My program is currently in turmoil with the possibility of complete department turnover and loss of the majority (if not all) of the staff. As a result several stafff have suggested the residents start looking for new departments. Unfortunately we do not have a program director to help us.

Thanks

[email protected]

GOB

... with Club Sauce
10+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You're right, I want to keep it quiet, but if the program does fall apart it will be obvious which one I am at.

About the Ads

ideas

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
some place warm :)
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You're right, I want to keep it quiet, but if the program does fall apart it will be obvious which one I am at.

Hopefully it is not one in Michigan :( I wanted to try and return to my home state for residency. Best of luck to you in your search

XRTMM

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I know that the University of Oklahoma is reopening their program and would be taking residents starting July 1. Now as to whether they will take you for just 1 year is a different question...

radonc

15+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2002
Status (Visible)
try ucsd or mayo-jax...as well as some of the larger programs...

buttons

10+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Are residents in a program that closes protected in any way? For example, are they guaranteed a position in another program? Or are they completely on their own?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.