Transition of sections on the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petro244

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. On the actual DAT when the timer goes to zero for one section, does the timer for the next section begin right away? For example the natural sciences section ends. Does PAT begin literally when the timer for natural science hits 0? When it hits 0 do you have to click an OK button or something before beginning the PAT? Also, I am aware of the optional break after PAT.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

on CDP, the timer turns off when you get to an instructions/tutorial page. i have not used topscore or achiever or taken the DAT yet. however, i think it would be utterly ridonkilous if they immediately started the next section without giving you a warning/break. hope this helps :/

There is a pop up that states the time is up, the timer does not start until after you click "OK" but I'm sure there is a limit to how long the pop up is up too. I would suggest not worrying about these tiny details, these 5-10 seconds will not do that much of a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I can remember correctly after the natural sciences section, when the box pops up saying you're out of time, when I clicked okay and the PAT section began it already had a few seconds off of my PAT. So I do think your time begins immediately after the natural science section.

-Matthew

on the actual DAT, The timer keeps on running whether you click yes or not. So once the window pops up, go to the next section immediately