Transition to D-School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shizzleDDS

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to check with you current Dental Students if there is anything important I should be doing with my summer before starting Dental School. Or maybe something you wish you would have done. I've heard a lot of people say just enjoy your summer cause its the last real one you'll have, but I'm starting to feel like I'm getting lazy and once school starts I'll be overwhelmed. I also feel like I'm forgetting everything --being away from school for so long is emptying my brain of all my precious undergrad knowledge. I don't want to sound like the whinny guy who is being too anxious (too late :scared: ), I'm just looking for some solid advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I know of three people who actually took a year off b/tn undergrad and dental school and they all said it was the best thing they could've done and highly recommended it...I would say enjoy your time off and enjoy the fact that all your hard work helped to get you into a great school.