Transitional DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

delicatefade

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone with an MSPT or MPT gone back for a transitional DPT? If so, why?
I near the end of the MSPT at VCU/MCV, graduating in 2001, and shortly thereafter I started getting letters in the mail about their new transitional DPT program. If I'm remembering correctly the course was going to take about 1.5-2 years (which can be done while working full-time) and consisted of internet based classes, one or two weekends at the school, and a work-related research project. The cost was several thousand dollars.

To be honest, I was appalled. The in-state tuition at MCV/VCU is not expensive and they were charging the equivalent of 2-3 semesters worth of tuition for internet classes and research project that you have to do yourself?!?!?! To me, the DPT was just not worth it. Many of my co-workers feel the same. However, I've yet to hear from someone who went back and thought it was worth the time/money. Any of you out there???

Why did you go back?
How much was it?
What was the program like?
Was it worth it?