• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Transitional year

Taurus

Paul Revere of Medicine
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2004
  1. Attending Physician
    Some questions about transitional year.

I heard they were somewhat competitive. How many do people apply to?

I plan to go into radiology. Do people use the same personal statement when applying to transitional year or do they write one specifically for transitional year programs?

twintiger32

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Sep 20, 2005
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      i'm a transitional year resident.

i used the same ophthalmology PS, but added a paragraph at the end about why a TY would help me as a doctor/ophthalmologist.

i applied to all the TY's in california, and yes they are pretty competitive. I'd say about as competitive as getting a radiology residency.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.