drsarah04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Does NBOME transmit our Step 2 score, or do we need to go into ERAS and re-transmit it like for the USMLE? (All the programs where I could potentially match want a Step 2 score before starting residency.) The dean's secretary implied that NBOME automatically sends our step 2 scores electronically to the programs we applied to, but her emails to me weren't very clear on this.
Thanks for the help! :)

scrupulous79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
why not just resubmit it anyway? i don't think it will cost you anything....i did it and they didn't charge me....but, if your in the class of 2004, isn't it kind of late to to resubmit your score (because programs have already ranked you)?

drsarah04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, it's definitely too late for it to have anything to do with matching. I was mainly wondering b/c the places where I could potentially match all said that they want a step 2 score on file before I start residency there, so I'd have to do this sometime in the near future.
I did select "re-transmit" on ERAS yesterday to send out that score, and I guess I just wanted to be sure that this was the correct thing to do (it seemed different from re-transmitting USMLE scores). But I can be technologically challenged sometimes. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.