Trasferring pharmacy colleges

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daliaviani

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi, Im currently a college student and am in the process of completing my general AA. I know that I can look up any given university and see what their prereq's are as far as getting in and accepted. I am just wondering if courses are easily or can be transferred from one pharmacy college to another. My husband is in the Army and staying in one location for longer than 2 years is not always certain. Has anyone gone through a move where you had to continue your course work and degree elsewhere? Thanks.
 
daliaviani said:
hi, Im currently a college student and am in the process of completing my general AA. I know that I can look up any given university and see what their prereq's are as far as getting in and accepted. I am just wondering if courses are easily or can be transferred from one pharmacy college to another. My husband is in the Army and staying in one location for longer than 2 years is not always certain. Has anyone gone through a move where you had to continue your course work and degree elsewhere? Thanks.


Transfering between pharmacy schools is generally not recommended. Some schools do not accept transfer students at all. The reason why it is difficult to transfer is that all the schools, while teaching the same things, are structured very differently. Courses aren't easily interchangable as they may be in undergrad institutions. Things that one school teaches 1st year students may not be covered until second year in other schools. It all depends on school. Often times a transfer of pharmacy schools will delay graduation a year or so...and not to mention an extra year of tuition. Like I said it all depends on the school you are coming from and the school are planning on going to...and if the accept transfers at all.

Good Luck!
 
it will depend entirely on the school. i'm sure it can be done, but there are definitely schools that specifically state no transfers allowed.