Travel during Application Cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SEW413

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have the opportunity to travel for two weeks overseas during early January 3-17). Do you think this could interfere with interview scheduling? I really want to go, and I should buy my tickets now rather than later to avoid high airfare. However, I am concerned that I could end up having an interview during this time frame.

Let me know what you think! Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're worried that you could end up having an interview, why would you travel? The last thing you'd want is to be traveling and having the time of your life and every school is putting a red "x" over your name because you're passing over their interviews.

I don't mean for this to sound harsh at all. Just my two cents.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!

I have the opportunity to travel for two weeks overseas during early January 3-17). Do you think this could interfere with interview scheduling? I really want to go, and I should buy my tickets now rather than later to avoid high airfare. However, I am concerned that I could end up having an interview during this time frame.

Let me know what you think! Thanks for any advice!

I think it could definitely interfere with interviews. I'm in kind of a similar situation. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to wait it out. Hopefully we will get interviews before dec 1 and then can buy tickets later. It might be cheaper to buy tickets earlier now, but it won't be worth it the trip is cut short or if you have to buy tickets to come back earlier etc.. From what I've heard I don't think you can reschedule interviews

Honestly, you should be fine. Schools expect things like this and that's why when you get an interview invite, you get to choose from a set of dates. I say go on your trip!

Reactions: 1 user