travel

Started by xxMDxx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xxMDxx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any sources to which one can apply to get travel aid for interviews and the such?
 
Are there any sources to which one can apply to get travel aid for interviews and the such?

From what I have heard, no.

I've heard of low-income students utilizing things like the FAP for applications and cheap forms of travel (e.g. trains) to get to interviews.

If it is at all possible, I would make the interview trail as 'comfortable' as possible, and potentially splurge on a decent hotel/flight. If you are in you are covered, financially, and your future is pretty much set. I think it is worth it at that point to make the investment, if possible, to perform your best at interviews.
 
I haven't heard of it. Unlike companies who want to pamper final round applicants, med schools know they don't have to pamper premeds. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Honors College at my university has grants for such purposes that we can apply for. I've received aid from them for my expenses this cycle. If you're still a student, see if your college has any programs like this.
 
Undergrad institutions sometimes have some sort of travel fund that is available for students to apply for a travel stipend through.