Traveling for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moka11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...good luck on this current cycle. Im a D2 at UMD. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm an avid traveler (on my little spare time) and have several methods of achieving discounts on flights. If anyone needs to fly anyways and the flights seem outrages...feel free to message me and i'd be happy to help out if I can.

Members don't see this ad.

Message me your secret master Moka.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys...good luck on this current cycle. Im a D2 at UMD. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm an avid traveler (on my little spare time) and have several methods of achieving discounts on flights. If anyone needs to fly anyways and the flights seem outrages...feel free to message me and i'd be happy to help out if I can.

Thank you so much for making this thread, OP.

A few questions (If you don't mind answering them here so that way a lot of people can see answers + you won't be bombarded with PMs asking the same things again).

1. Do you use a credit card for frequent flier miles? If so, which one?
2. Which airline is your preferred carrier for cheap flights?
3. Do you stay at local motels, hotels, or at someone's house? Alone or with another interviewee the night before?
4. Rent a car? From who?

Thank you again!

Reactions: 1 user
Just thought I'd put this out there.
For lodging, Im using airbnb and I'm saving a bunch of money. I've found places to stay for $30 and under a night!

Its safe and sometimes the host is even willing to accommodate your needs. i.e. pick up from airport/take you to school etc.

It's also super helpful because you can ask them questions about the city or whatever since they're a local!

Reactions: 2 users
A few questions (If you don't mind answering them here so that way a lot of people can see answers + you won't be bombarded with PMs asking the same things again).

1. Do you use a credit card for frequent flier miles? Yes If so, which one? A few. Best value IMO would be a card earning Chase Ultimate Reward points as they can be transferred to various other programs.
2. Which airline is your preferred carrier for cheap flights? Depends on what my options are for the route.
3. Do you stay at local motels, hotels, or at someone's house? Alone or with another interviewee the night before? n/a (I am a D2)
4. Rent a car? From who? Depends, but usually National