Traveling for the interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hizarlow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which, if any, schools pay for travel expenses if invited to an interview? I am specifically asking about LSU Mississippi State and Missouri, but I would like to hear about all schools.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't think any did, but I'm not sure. Certainly UC Davis, VMRCVM, Iowa State, and Kansas State don't. The only thing I'm aware of that is Wisconsin, which doesn't interview, will offer to fly some people who have been accepted out to visit the school. Never heard of schools paying for people's travel expenses for interviewing, though. :(

I know that Tufts, Kansas State, Purdue, and Minnesota do not. I would be very surprised if any did - after all, there's more applicants than spaces by a long shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
And particularly in today's economic climate, I would be shocked if any schools offered this...

I know that Tufts, Kansas State, Purdue, and Minnesota do not. I would be very surprised if any did - after all, there's more applicants than spaces by a long shot.

At Tennessee, your travel to the university isn't paid for, but a lot of students offer to put up interviewees the night before or after their interview. I had two stay with me last year.

I interviewed at a few schools and I don't think any of them pay for any travel expenses. I was accepted to both Mississippi and LSU but never visited LSU. The airport near Miss State is TINY and it was hard to catch a cab to and from the airport. It was an extra $50 per day to rent a car since I'm under 25, and I was there for 4-5 days. It would be great if you interview there and can split a rental car with someone. That would have made my trip a lot easier! Good luck! :)