• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Traveling for the interview

VAgirl

UC Davis SVM c/o 2012
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2007
Davis, CA
  1. Veterinary Student
I didn't think any did, but I'm not sure. Certainly UC Davis, VMRCVM, Iowa State, and Kansas State don't. The only thing I'm aware of that is Wisconsin, which doesn't interview, will offer to fly some people who have been accepted out to visit the school. Never heard of schools paying for people's travel expenses for interviewing, though. :(

Upvote 0
About the Ads

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2006
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I interviewed at a few schools and I don't think any of them pay for any travel expenses. I was accepted to both Mississippi and LSU but never visited LSU. The airport near Miss State is TINY and it was hard to catch a cab to and from the airport. It was an extra $50 per day to rent a car since I'm under 25, and I was there for 4-5 days. It would be great if you interview there and can split a rental car with someone. That would have made my trip a lot easier! Good luck! :)

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.