Traveling PT

Started by kb2013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kb2013

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know about how long it takes to get a traveling PT job as a new grad? I only have a license in 2 states as of now (OR & KS), so I know that is limiting me. Any insight is appreciated.
 
I think it varies from state-to-state. Nebraska and Wyoming are fairly quick when they are not processing applications from new grads, as they probably are now. What about a civilian VA position? It is my understanding you need a state license from any state to work in the VA system. If there are traveling positions in that arena, it might be something to look at.
 
I heard Kentucky is quick. California is supposedly a four month wait. I suppose it depends on if there are any available jobs in your states (might have a better chance in KS vs OR in terms of competition) and whether or not you like the job offer you may get.