traveling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starfishbear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the guys out there, my bf is wondering how you travel with your suits. Do you guys use suit bags or special suit cases or just bring them on the plane with a hanger?

Members don't see this ad.

for the guys out there, my bf is wondering how you travel with your suits. Do you guys use suit bags or special suit cases or just bring them on the plane with a hanger?

use a garment bag, and try to keep the plastic covering over the suit for added padding from the trapped air to minimize wrinkles. take it as your carry-on, and when you are getting on the plane ask the flight attendants as they are greeting you if you can hang your bag in the little closet they have up front..worked for me everytime. if you do get some wrinkles, hang it in the hotel bathroom while a hot shower is running to get it all steamy (but be careful because if you're in Seattle a half naked man might walk out with a towel and calim to be dr. mcsteamy, haha) that should help with minor wrinkles. traveling with a suit was never an issue for me...

He was right, defininatly carry it on the plane. If you check it, and they lose your bag you'll be screwed.

Members don't see this ad :)
He was right, defininatly carry it on the plane. If you check it, and they lose your bag you'll be screwed.

Well this one kid I interviewed with back in the fall had that issue. He was able to borrow a nice shirt from someone but he wore jeans to the interview. They were very understanding. I think the airline located his bag sometime during the interview haha.