Travelling to Interviews With Pets

KlimtOphile

Full Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2005
77
0
39
New York
  1. Medical Student
    I have a Great Dane and a siamese cat. The cat I can leave at home no problem for like a week, but the dog I can't. Also, I can't afford the dog-sitting services. I am planning on road-tripping with "Napoleon" and asking a first year med student to watch him either at their apartment or in the car while I interview.

    Do any of you have any experience with this?
     

    eralza

    Senior Member
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 2, 2004
    355
    3
    53
    Virginia
    1. Medical Student
      What about friends or family watching the dog? As a last resort, you could throw a vest an harness on him and pretend that he is your seeing eye dog. Tell the interviewers that you are very interested in opthomology.
       
      About the Ads

      Psycho Doctor

      *** Angel
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 27, 2004
      8,508
      6
      1. Medical Student
        KlimtOphile said:
        I have a Great Dane and a siamese cat. The cat I can leave at home no problem for like a week, but the dog I can't. Also, I can't afford the dog-sitting services. I am planning on road-tripping with "Napoleon" and asking a first year med student to watch him either at their apartment or in the car while I interview.

        Do any of you have any experience with this?

        :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

        now I've heard everything.

        1 post? yea it's a troll. no one would make their only post be about a dog...or would they?

        wow the trolls are running rampant today! :thumbup:
         

        Tra La La

        Motorcycle Dude
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 4, 2005
        577
        0
        Caleefornia
          Psycho Doctor said:
          :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

          now I've heard everything.

          1 post? yea it's a troll. no one would make their only post be about a dog...or would they?

          wow the trolls are running rampant today! :thumbup:

          Wow, that kind of sucks. You jump right to conclusions about this person when his/her concern is really legitimate.

          :thumbdown:
           

          icebrat001

          Full Member
          10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Jan 14, 2005
          160
          3
          Arizona
          1. Other Health Professions Student
            eralza said:
            What about friends or family watching the dog? As a last resort, you could throw a vest an harness on him and pretend that he is your seeing eye dog. Tell the interviewers that you are very interested in opthomology.


            No offense to anyone, but that's a good one! :laugh:
             

            Psycho Doctor

            *** Angel
            10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Jun 27, 2004
            8,508
            6
            1. Medical Student
              Tra La La said:
              Wow, that kind of sucks. You jump right to conclusions about this person when his/her concern is really legitimate.

              :thumbdown:

              maybe but i seriously doubt it as do the rest of the posters.

              :confused: i can never understand the VERY few times I have ever called anyone a troll someone has to jump all over me; Normally I give people the benefit of the doubt; why aren't you jumping all over everyone else when they call people trolls, especially times when it doesn't turn out to be a real troll? :confused:
               

              icebrat001

              Full Member
              10+ Year Member
              7+ Year Member
              Jan 14, 2005
              160
              3
              Arizona
              1. Other Health Professions Student
                Psycho Doctor said:
                maybe but i seriously doubt it as do the rest of the posters.

                :confused: i can never understand the VERY few times I have ever called anyone a troll someone has to jump all over me; Normally I give people the benefit of the doubt; why aren't you jumping all over everyone else when they call people trolls, especially times when it doesn't turn out to be a real troll? :confused:

                In my opinion (I have 2 dogs and love them to death btw), you have an interview to med school, surely you have one person that can watch your dog for week, even if it means going to your place a few times a day to give the dog some water, food and a bathroom break. I can understand your concern if you did this and giving someone your key. Do you work, maybe you can ask your co workers.

                Otherwise, if you end up taking your dog with you. Leave the dog in the car with the windows cracked while you interview, after the interview go back to the car and let the dog potty and whatnot and then continue on with the tour of the school.

                Or, if the dog is crate trained, bring the crate, set it up where you are staying and leave the dog in there. Only if your dog is already crate trained.

                While there was a joke cracked to put a vest on your dog to make it a service dog for the day, great idea, illegal, but don't really do it, unless you live in San Francisco where you can now get a license for your dog to be a service dog if you are depressed! even a little lap dog, how cool is that? If only I lived on that side of the bridge.

                Anyway, good luck with whatever you chose. Troll or no Troll.
                 

                tinkerbelle

                Full Member
                10+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Jul 18, 2003
                2,571
                7
                Neverland
                1. Attending Physician
                  Psycho Doctor said:
                  maybe but i seriously doubt it as do the rest of the posters.

                  :confused: i can never understand the VERY few times I have ever called anyone a troll someone has to jump all over me; Normally I give people the benefit of the doubt; why aren't you jumping all over everyone else when they call people trolls, especially times when it doesn't turn out to be a real troll? :confused:

                  awww :( Tra La La just doesn't know you... the rest of us stil think you're a sweetheart :love:

                  and tra la la, the OP could really be a troll....

                  klimtOphile: if you're actually serious, try asking a friend to watch your dog for a few days in return for a nice dinner or something
                   

                  Psycho Doctor

                  *** Angel
                  10+ Year Member
                  5+ Year Member
                  Jun 27, 2004
                  8,508
                  6
                  1. Medical Student
                    tinkerbelle said:
                    awww :( Tra La La just doesn't know you... the rest of us stil think you're a sweetheart :love:

                    and tra la la, the OP could really be a troll....

                    klimtOphile: if you're actually serious, try asking a friend to watch your dog for a few days in return for a nice dinner or something

                    thanks tinkerbelle :love:

                    and i agree about the dinner.

                    never ever leave a dog in a car. :(
                     

                    KlimtOphile

                    Full Member
                    10+ Year Member
                    7+ Year Member
                    Jan 23, 2005
                    77
                    0
                    39
                    New York
                    1. Medical Student
                      Psycho Doctor said:
                      thanks tinkerbelle :love:

                      and i agree about the dinner.

                      never ever leave a dog in a car. :(

                      WOW, that thread really sparked some debate on here! Thank you tra la la for defending me. LOL Unfortunately, I just joined a couple days ago, and a friend of mine introduced me to this site, he posted that thread about pets as a joke. I apologize for wasting your time and empathy! I appreciate your responses. I'm actually a pre-med taking the mcat in april. I didn't really know how this site worked, I'm still learning. All of my later posts have been totally legit, i swear!
                      But seriously though, I do have some pets, 4 red-eared slider turtles - actually "miney" just died, but "eenie", "meenie", and "mo" are doing just fine...don't think I'll be bringing them to any future interviews!
                      *me* :thumbup:
                       

                      icebrat001

                      Full Member
                      10+ Year Member
                      7+ Year Member
                      Jan 14, 2005
                      160
                      3
                      Arizona
                      1. Other Health Professions Student
                        KlimtOphile said:
                        WOW, that thread really sparked some debate on here! Thank you tra la la for defending me. LOL Unfortunately, I just joined a couple days ago, and a friend of mine introduced me to this site, he posted that thread about pets as a joke. I apologize for wasting your time and empathy! I appreciate your responses. I'm actually a pre-med taking the mcat in april. I didn't really know how this site worked, I'm still learning. All of my later posts have been totally legit, i swear!
                        But seriously though, I do have some pets, 4 red-eared slider turtles - actually "miney" just died, but "eenie", "meenie", and "mo" are doing just fine...don't think I'll be bringing them to any future interviews!
                        *me* :thumbup:

                        While we say no question is a stupid question, in the future, try and avoid post like this. :idea:
                         

                        Psycho Doctor

                        *** Angel
                        10+ Year Member
                        5+ Year Member
                        Jun 27, 2004
                        8,508
                        6
                        1. Medical Student
                          KlimtOphile said:
                          WOW, that thread really sparked some debate on here! Thank you tra la la for defending me. LOL Unfortunately, I just joined a couple days ago, and a friend of mine introduced me to this site, he posted that thread about pets as a joke. I apologize for wasting your time and empathy! I appreciate your responses. I'm actually a pre-med taking the mcat in april. I didn't really know how this site worked, I'm still learning. All of my later posts have been totally legit, i swear!
                          But seriously though, I do have some pets, 4 red-eared slider turtles - actually "miney" just died, but "eenie", "meenie", and "mo" are doing just fine...don't think I'll be bringing them to any future interviews!
                          *me* :thumbup:
                          ok so you're not a troll but your post is a troll post and your friend is the troll. I did later check your other posts and saw you seemed legit as a pre-med student. best of luck.
                           
                          About the Ads
                          This thread is more than 16 years old.

                          Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

                          1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                          7. This thread is locked.