Treatment for Acne

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jr264

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I haven noticed a trend in my Acne break out. I get a lot of Acne during Summer and Fall. And minimal in Winter and least in Early Spring. I would consider that I have moderate acne (most likely acne vulguris). I was wondering if anyone had a logical explanation to this phenomenon. I assume it has something to do with humiditiy and temperature. I have lived in the midwest, CA and East coast and the same cycle every year. In addition, I get a lot more acne (80%) on my Right side of the face and only 20% on the left face. I don't sleep on one side more than the other. I don't understand that? Does anyone have any explanation.

Any new treatment for acne for a 30 y/o resident with moderate acne besides the following: PO tetracycline, benzyl peroxide plus erythromocin. It is not working. I am getting a lot of comedone on the right side. Should I consider Minocycline. HOw about Proactive or Accutane?

thxs

Members don't see this ad.

At your age, you might benefit from a moderate dose of spironolactone.

Status
Not open for further replies.