thatswhatshesed

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychology Student
Good evening!

I have perhaps a random or elementary question for the forum. I'm in a PsyD program in Texas and I haven't been instructed on how to create a proper treatment plan and am being asked to so in one of my classes. Is there anywhere I might be able to find a template or example I can go off of? I know there are case examples in books of mine (both past and present), but I am creating my own bullet pointed tx plan and was just wondering if there was an example/template/sample somewhere to go off of. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks, y'all.

Em.

Ollie123

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
I would just use the samples from your book. I don't think there could be such a thing as a template. At least in my eyes, treatment plans depend on such an extraordinary number of things that the only sufficiently generalizeable template would be a blank page;)

It also depends on how much information you have at this point. If you have "Client presenting with depression" - I'd just pull a depression manual from your clinic library/professor/etc., synthesize and summarize. Hopefully they gave you more than that since in the real world its absolutely pointless to develop a treatment plan until after some sort of intake, but it depends what the professor's goal was.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.