Treatment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

grant555

I am not interested in med school but I have a question.
Just out of curiosity, are DO's treated differently than their MD counterparts in the military?

Members don't see this ad.

No..........(you need 10 characters for whatever reason)

Members don't see this ad :)
No...but a funny story: as an intern I was present during an argument in the hallway between two staff Navy surgeons that was getting rather heated, when one doctor (MD) finally had it & told the other doctor (DO) "Listen here chiropractor...." - it was one of those terribly funny moments where no one (especially the interns) could laugh because it was sooooo bad!

iwakuni_doc said:
No...but a funny story: as an intern I was present during an argument in the hallway between two staff Navy surgeons that was getting rather heated, when one doctor (MD) finally had it & told the other doctor (DO) "Listen here chiropractor...." - it was one of those terribly funny moments where no one (especially the interns) could laugh because it was sooooo bad!

had to be NMCP surgery department.....:)

grant555 said:
Just out of curiosity, are DO's treated differently than their MD counterparts in the military?

no.............

Capt_Mac said:
no.............

For the most part no. But I think there are still some MD's that prefer MD's, and DO's that prefer DO's.

The military is very DO heavy and friendly. More in the military than civilian world. All treated the same, heck we take orders from RNs in the military.

iwakuni_doc said:

Hahahahha funny story :D

iwakuni_doc said:

ahhh...the memories :laugh: :laugh:

DOs are tolerated in the military, and appear to be on equal footing with MDs.

No difference in the US Air Force, either - as a matter of fact, the first exposure I ever had to a DO was in the AF - he was a flight surgeon. Good guy, knew his stuff.

grant555 said:
How about this one...DDS vs DMD... :confused:

Have not had one as Surgeon General (yet) but have had DO's make Admiral. No difference I can tell.

I work for one of each (MD and DO) at the ENT Clinic on base. Only difference I've seen is when someone in the office staff has back or neck pain, they ask the DO to fix it.... :)

militarymd said:
no ....................

mil md

just a question about your avitar...is that you getting rad on the bike?

BTW i write most of my posts while intoxiacted

xTNS

thenavysurgeon said:
mil md

just a question about your avitar...is that you getting rad on the bike?

BTW i write most of my posts while intoxiacted

xTNS

Yes, I took that photo 2 days ago.

My posts in the AM are when I'm sober....

PM posts are under progressive influence.