Tremors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purduephigam

SuPurdueper Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious if there are any dentists-to-be that have, or have heard of people having trouble with hand tremors. The reason I ask is that my father has been exhibiting tremors for several years now. I believe it's genetic being that his sister has them and my grandfather has them. I happen to think I have very fine manual dexterity now, but am worried that I might develop these tremors in the future. Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if there are remedies out there in case I develop these hand tremors (therapy exercises, medication, etc). Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was curious if there are any dentists-to-be that have, or have heard of people having trouble with hand tremors. The reason I ask is that my father has been exhibiting tremors for several years now. I believe it's genetic being that his sister has them and my grandfather has them. I happen to think I have very fine manual dexterity now, but am worried that I might develop these tremors in the future. Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if there are remedies out there in case I develop these hand tremors (therapy exercises, medication, etc). Thanks.

Watch Greys Anatomy from a few weeks back. abc.com

You'll see what happens to people with tremors!!

I'm not sure where tremors originate from. Neuro, muscle related, tactile....whatever. So whether there is treatment or not, not sure. But definetly a concern of mine...our hands are so susceptible to injury (like carpel tunnel from typing so much!!)

For a second i thought you were talking about my favorite movie. lol

I've never had the steadiest of hands. but on the last day of doing sealants, i was working on a 12 y/o and my hand was shaking bad! i blame the coffee i drank. it doesn't normally do that but this time it was funny. i thought i had parkinsons. I just tried to control it with my mind, and after a few minutes i was down to a managable level.

sorry about the spelling. im tired.