Trends in MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medtech

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering what kind of trends are there in the recent mcat for the physical science sections, is it more concepts and experimental and how heavy is it on the calculations. Include all topics, and share your thoughts

Members don't see this ad.

it's a lot of luck, more concepts/experiments, throw in the usual calculations, and add crap they pull from thin air and you have the "new" mcat

probably wrong place to ask this but....

i just took tpr 8 and 9 ..... the new ones, and... i scored a 21. and it's been a while since i've done that poorly.

i found the passages extremely long and pretty much ran out of time in physics. is anyone actually scoring decent on the new tpr???

Members don't see this ad :)
probably wrong place to ask this but....

i just took tpr 8 and 9 ..... the new ones, and... i scored a 21. and it's been a while since i've done that poorly.

i found the passages extremely long and pretty much ran out of time in physics. is anyone actually scoring decent on the new tpr???

tpr are notoriously difficult, asking very "nit-picking" questions. before i took my MCATs, my strategy was that if i can break a 30 on tpr, i could do well on the real thing. i practiced tpr until I broke a 30, and then took an AAMC before the exam. worked like a charm.