Trials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think he could make some money, but it would be in his best interest to try and get out of the spotlight, I think his life is pretty much ruined from all the coverage.

I don’t think he could win any defamation suits.

Agree. KR is not like Stephen Miller who is evil but smart. He’s just a dummy.

Members don't see this ad.

People writing articles or commenting that he is a murderer, white supremacist etc isn’t enough unless it is demonstrable they knew it to be false.
That's not correct. I don't know it to be false that you're not stealing your hospital's narcotics, but I can't go around claiming it without any reason or evidence.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think he could win any defamation suits.
I think he'll break the bank. CNN and WP were sued 8 digits by Nicholas Sandmann and both settled for what we can be sure was for a bundle. I don't think Sandmann received close to the same level of libel and slander. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, but one thing for sure, KR isn't just going to disappear without filing a number of lawsuits.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think he'll break the bank. CNN and WP were sued 8 digits by Nicholas Sandmann and both settled for what we can be sure was for a bundle. I don't think Sandmann received close to the same level of libel and slander. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, but one thing for sure, KR isn't just going to disappear without filing a number of lawsuits.

Yes they settled. But I doubt it was for anything more than low six figures nuisance type money. The first amendment is a pretty big hurdle to overcome.

That's not correct. I don't know it to be false that you're not stealing your hospital's narcotics, but I can't go around claiming it without any reason or evidence.
First of that is different because the accusation is a disprovable statement of fact, not opinion like “KR was stupid, should go to jail, etc etc etc” which is key for libel law. But Even that falls apart when dealing with a public figure, and I am not a public figure like KR is.

“If you involve yourself in a public controversy, you may be considered a “limited purpose public figure” for that particular set of issues.”

Hence KR is a limited purpose public figure.

“Why is it harder for a public figure to win a libel lawsuit than a private figure?

To win a libel lawsuit, a private person has to prove that the publisher of the false statements acted “negligently.” Negligence means that the publisher didn’t do his homework. Even if the publisher didn’t know that his facts were false when he published them, he can still be on the hook for libel if he should have known.

In contrast, to win their libel suit, a public figure has to prove that the publisher of the false statements acted with “actual malice.” Actual malice means that the publisher either knew that the statements were false, or acted with reckless disregard for whether they were true or false. This is a lot harder to prove than negligence.”

source: A Quick Guide to Libel Law | Freedom Forum Institute

Yes they settled. But I doubt it was for anything more than low six figures nuisance type money. The first amendment is a pretty big hurdle to overcome.
Highly doubt he would sue for 250 million and then settle for a few hundred thousand. Would love to know. He has a number of other organizations holding out so I'm assuming the settlement number is much higher.

Last edited:
not opinion like “KR was stupid, should go to jail, etc etc etc”
I can assure the lawsuits won't be because anybody said he was stupid and should go to jail. You simply can't go around constantly labeling someone a racist white supremacist without the slightest proof. They will pay substantially.

You can be sure if I picked somebody out with no evidence of my claims but repeatedly labeled him a racist white supremacist in public, in social media, every possible way I could think of, I would have a major problem on my hands. And my reach would be only a fraction of the national media reach.

Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see.

I can assure the lawsuits won't be because anybody said he was stupid and should go to jail. You simply can't go around constantly labeling someone a racist white supremacist without the slightest proof. They will pay substantially.

You can be sure if I picked somebody out with no evidence of my claims but repeatedly labeled him a racist white supremacist in public, in social media, every possible way I could think of, I would have a major problem on my hands. And my reach would be only a fraction of the national media reach.

Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see.
There’s no way KR could win any suit, this is insane. Indeed, time will tell.

There’s no way KR could win any suit, this is insane. Indeed, time will tell.
LOL - this will far exceed Sandman. All the networks, Uncle Joe, Whoopie and Joy - you name it.

Reactions: 1 users
So regarding the other recent major trial, there were a couple of surprising findings I came across.

The accused that many referred to as Bubba the Hillbilly Hick sounded surprisingly intelligent and well spoken. I just did not expect that. At all. Always seems extra troubling to me when somebody appears to have the capability to know better and still goes way down the wrong path.

And I had thought the 3 Stooges Moe looking guy released the tape to show he was just an innocent videography. I still can't wrap my head around it being the father that actually released it. So you thought this tape was the smoking gun of your innocence?? Wow, you have the remainder of your life to mull over that absurd miscalculation.

I make no apologies for my presumption of innocence pretrial and exploring the possible angles of their stated position. The amount of information reported in the news that is completely false is too numerous to count. When it became clear in trial that there was zero legal justification to do basically anything the crew did, their claim of self defense vanished like a fart in the wind.

These guys had no premeditated thoughts of murdering Arbery; they would have shot him at safe distance. But they got into a situation they didn't anticipate, ie Arbery getting so close to grabbing the gun. And all those felonies that put them in that situation resulted in a death and a lot of felony murder convictions (and one malice murder).

Regardless of what Arbery was doing that day, no one really knows for sure regardless that you think you do, doesn't matter, justice was served.

You simply can't go around constantly labeling someone a racist white supremacist without the slightest proof. They will pay substantially.

You can be sure if I picked somebody out with no evidence of my claims but repeatedly labeled him a racist white supremacist in public...

Oh u mean like when he hung out with white supremacists and posed with their hand gestures? So he isn't a white supremacist, he just associates with them and is a hero to them..

Kind of reminds me of the fox news neme. Not racist, but #1 news Channel for racists

Oh u mean like when he hung out with white supremacists and posed with their hand gestures? So he isn't a white supremacist, he just associates with them and is a hero to them..

Kind of reminds me of the fox news neme. Not racist, but #1 news Channel for racists

I’m not sure what he knew or didn’t know, but it does sound like something a Lin Wood type would be involved in. And it happened after the fact, which is why it was thrown out during the trial.

Last edited: