Tricare family enrollment on ADT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delicatefade

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting an ADT on Monday. My wife and child are registered in DEERS (just verified this) and are accompanying me on the ADT.

Are they automatically enrolled in Tricare for my ADT??? I'm not anticipating any healthcare needs but just in case they need emergency care while we are there.

Members don't see this ad.

This was over a year ago, but I think the answer is No. You are automatically enrolled in Tricare during your ADTs, but I don't know if your family can be enrolled at the same time. If they can be, you need to go over to your local tricare office and register them. Do they already have health insurance? If so, I would not waste your time with this, unless you want free prescriptions, X-rays, labs, or you want to avoid the deductibles or co-pays associatd with office/ER visits. Come to think it, this is actually a smart idea on a medical student budget. Good thinking. :thumbup:

I'm starting an ADT on Monday. My wife and child are registered in DEERS (just verified this) and are accompanying me on the ADT.

Are they automatically enrolled in Tricare for my ADT??? I'm not anticipating any healthcare needs but just in case they need emergency care while we are there.

The are eligible, you need to call TRICARE to sign them up.