Trig/AP Calc A in the summer.

vicixq

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been deciding lately whether I should switch into Accelerated Algebra2/Precalc since right now I'm in Advanced Algebra 2 with a B in the class.
I would have to catch up on a lot of stuff since Accelerated learns at a much faster pace, but if I somehow do well I will move on to Trig/AP Calc A during the summer, and if I also pass in the class I would be placed into AP Calc AB or AP Calc BC depending on how I perform.

Most of my friends are saying its impossible/hard to do Trig/AP Calc A in the summer. I'm currently a junior so this would be the only route to take if its even possible at all if I want to end up in AP Calc BC senior year.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you want the AP credit for your college calc courses? If not, I'd say it depends on how much you'd want to challenge yourself. BC comes in handy for building a background in calc before you take it in college, but self study is always an option too

Coming from experience, so not worth it just take it in college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I want the college credit. Also doesn't AP Calc BC 4-5 score guarantee in excluding you from taking Calculus in College?

Yes, I want the college credit. Also doesn't AP Calc BC 4-5 score guarantee in excluding you from taking Calculus in College?

Depending on the college, I think that's the case for most colleges. However, keep in mind some medical schools don't accept AP credit as a prerequisite (take Geffen for example), although most should. In the case that you do want AP credit, you've answered your own question haven't you? :p

I want to know if its possible to do Trig/AP Calc A over the summer in my high school as I don't want to waste my time and fail it.