Trig on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMC2UCLA2_

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To what extent does Trig appear on the QR section. I think i have it all covered but I heard someone mention polar coordinates appearing on the DAT. Whats a good source ot study the trig for the DAT?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

the trig on the DAT's are pretty basic. i think i had 2-3 trig ?'s on it.

i don't recall much, to be honest with you. but i think it was similar to those on the dat prep materials.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have some questions on DAT acheiver that require you to know:

Double angle formulas for sine and cosine

sin 2t = 2 sin t cos t

cos 2t = cos2 t – sin2 t = 2 cos2 t – 1 = 1 – 2 sin2 t

and the questions arent even straight forward. They require you to simplify a more complex expression into one of the answer choices. Is this something that is really necessary? I was thinking the more basic trig identities were sufficient.

SMC2UCLA2_ said:
I have some questions on DAT acheiver that require you to know:

Double angle formulas for sine and cosine

sin 2t = 2 sin t cos t

cos 2t = cos2 t – sin2 t = 2 cos2 t – 1 = 1 – 2 sin2 t

and the questions arent even straight forward. They require you to simplify a more complex expression into one of the answer choices. Is this something that is really necessary? I was thinking the more basic trig identities were sufficient.

You're right, SMC2UCLA2. However, the double angle formulae will significantly gauge the strength of your trig basics.

It'll be wise if you may make use of the 15 minute tutorial and/or part of the 15 minute break to pre-write down some of the commonly used trig identity, conversion formulae, etc on the scratch papers given, so you don't have to scratch your head for these half-way through the QRT...

Trig is what got me on the QR.......I thought it was easy on the practice tests and never bothered to learn it like I should have. Made twenties on practice tests and never studied it........guess that I got what I deserved.

I had about 5-6 questions on it that I was clueless on........didn't ask me anything simple like the practices. I made a 17 on QR.

geckel said:
Trig is what got me on the QR.......I thought it was easy on the practice tests and never bothered to learn it like I should have. Made twenties on practice tests and never studied it........guess that I got what I deserved.

I had about 5-6 questions on it that I was clueless on........didn't ask me anything simple like the practices. I made a 17 on QR.

Could you guys give samples of what the question was asking! Like phrase it the way you though they asked you and how you would have studied for that type of particular question. Thanks my trig sux, heck my math sux so i'm really worried i keeep getting like 15's. Thanks