1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Trig on DAT

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by SMC2UCLA2_, Nov 15, 2005.

1. SMC2UCLA2_

SMC2UCLA2_ Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

To what extent does Trig appear on the QR section. I think i have it all covered but I heard someone mention polar coordinates appearing on the DAT. Whats a good source ot study the trig for the DAT?

Thanks

2. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    the trig on the DAT's are pretty basic. i think i had 2-3 trig ?'s on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LNinlove

LNinlove Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    What kind of trig questions...if you can recall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i don't recall much, to be honest with you. but i think it was similar to those on the dat prep materials.

5. SMC2UCLA2_

SMC2UCLA2_ Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I have some questions on DAT acheiver that require you to know:

Double angle formulas for sine and cosine

sin 2t = 2 sin t cos t

cos 2t = cos2 t – sin2 t = 2 cos2 t – 1 = 1 – 2 sin2 t

and the questions arent even straight forward. They require you to simplify a more complex expression into one of the answer choices. Is this something that is really necessary? I was thinking the more basic trig identities were sufficient.

6. seoul

seoul Membership Revoked
    Removed 2+ Year Member

You're right, SMC2UCLA2. However, the double angle formulae will significantly gauge the strength of your trig basics.

It'll be wise if you may make use of the 15 minute tutorial and/or part of the 15 minute break to pre-write down some of the commonly used trig identity, conversion formulae, etc on the scratch papers given, so you don't have to scratch your head for these half-way through the QRT...

7. geckel

geckel Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Trig is what got me on the QR.......I thought it was easy on the practice tests and never bothered to learn it like I should have. Made twenties on practice tests and never studied it........guess that I got what I deserved.

I had about 5-6 questions on it that I was clueless on........didn't ask me anything simple like the practices. I made a 17 on QR.

8. teefRcool

teefRcool Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Could you guys give samples of what the question was asking! Like phrase it the way you though they asked you and how you would have studied for that type of particular question. Thanks my trig sux, heck my math sux so i'm really worried i keeep getting like 15's. Thanks