Tripler peds questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanatopsis

Curious
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there knowledgeable folks,

The description of the peds residency at Tripler on the MODS website boasts of an affiliation with an unnamed children's hospital. Can anyone provide a name?

Also, if outside rotations are done at other places besides this unnamed children's hospital, can you name them?

Trying to get an idea of what the experience is like at Tripler as compared to other places in the CONUS. Is the population served at Tripler strictly military or are civilians involved as well?

Danke

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure it's Kapolani....I'm not a peds guy, but I have several friends who are and I did rotate through that department during my intern year. IMHO, the month I rotated through I was extremely busy in their outpatient clinic with tons of healthy children and a couple of sick ones. I took call four times and I believe the most on their ward I saw at that time was 4 patients. I know they can get more at times, but it seemed that they had to go outside tripler for higher acuity and more inpatient numbers. That being said, I do find a lot of value in seeing tons of normal children and I feel like those I know who came out of that program got a good foundation of knowledge to practice peds. You could probably google the program and ask the program director for more info.