troll?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorV09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What the heck is a troll? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

DoctorV09 said:
What the heck is a troll? :confused:

It's kinda like an ogre except it lives under a bridge.

Seriously though... I don't know.

haha, well i know that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's kinda hard to describe, but people who post who aren't really serious and are just trying to get a rise out of people, or people who post things that are deliberately inflammatory.
For example, someone who posts something like

I WILL NEVER GET INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL! I graduated from MIT with a 3.99 in engineering and got a 45 on the MCAT.

Could be called a troll.

PineappleGirl said:
It's kinda hard to describe, but people who post who aren't really serious and are just trying to get a rise out of people, or people who post things that are deliberately inflammatory.
For example, someone who posts something like

I WILL NEVER GET INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL! I graduated from MIT with a 3.99 in engineering and got a 45 on the MCAT.

Could be called a troll.
Yes and also most trolls have 0+ posts...so u know they made a SDN id just to make a thread that people want to flame.

Bigsheed920 said:
Like the OP maybe??

I would hardly consider the OP's message as a "deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument". It was an honest question. I think Bigsheed920 is an overzealous, intolerant troll hunter. Watch, in his next post he's going to accuse me of being a troll. (I can't be. I have more than 0+ posts).

Check the SDN FAQ's

paceac said:
I would hardly consider the OP's message as a "deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument". It was an honest question. I think Bigsheed920 is an overzealous, intolerant troll hunter. Watch, in his next post he's going to accuse me of being a troll. (I can't be. I have more than 0+ posts).
I am an overzealous, intolerant troll hunter.

Fear me.

lol, okay thanks...no i'm not a "troll," i just always see people use it and kind of figured what it meant, but didn't know why people decided to use that term exactly....and i only have 0+ posts because I just joined in :)

:laugh: :laugh:

paceac said:
It's kinda like an ogre except it lives under a bridge.

Seriously though... I don't know.

dopaminophile said:
I am an overzealous, intolerant troll hunter.

Fear me.
:eek: No! Not an overzealous, intolerant troll hunter! :scared: