Trouble seeing with loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TrevorwestDDS

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've had my loupes for a few weeks now and I'm still having trouble seeing clearly with them. I've logged quite a few hours of drilling with em so I think I should be passed the getting used to them stage. While I'm looking through them as I drill, the edges of objects have some type of light distortion around them. It makes it really hard to see where the head of the bur meets the shaft. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think its a double vision kind of thing either. I'm setting up a meeting with the company rep to tell him about it, but I was just curious about y'alls experience.

Members don't see this ad.

When I first got my set of loupes I just couldn't look through them without getting headaches, and things appeared a lot blurrier than I was expecting. Turns out the interpupillary distance was way off and had to have them reset. This happens sometimes, and there are mistakes at the lab that need to be fixed.

Reactions: 1 user
You need to get them adjusted dude.

Members don't see this ad :)
cool cool. I'll talk to the rep about getting them adjusted

also it wouldn't hurt to get your eye exam too...
i was getting alot of headache and migraine turns out i had astigmatism on one eye and i never knew about it.
i would get your loupes checked but also consider getting an exam exam as well :) good luck!

also it wouldn't hurt to get your eye exam too...
i was getting alot of headache and migraine turns out i had astigmatism on one eye and i never knew about it.
i would get your loupes checked but also consider getting an exam exam as well :) good luck!

What did you do about the astigmatism? Get a contact? Prescription put into the loupe?

What did you do about the astigmatism? Get a contact? Prescription put into the loupe?
Both will work. I have a bad one in my left eye, I opted to get an eye exam for contacts so I wouldnt have to change my prescription too often, but I also have an a lenses insert that goes in front of my TTL should I forget to wear the contacts or get an infection or something.

Both will work. I have a bad one in my left eye, I opted to get an eye exam for contacts so I wouldnt have to change my prescription too often, but I also have an a lenses insert that goes in front of my TTL should I forget to wear the contacts or get an infection or something.

What company's loupes do you have that gives lenses insert?

What company's loupes do you have that gives lenses insert?
A few of them do, I know lumadent, Q-optics (my loupes) do for sure, and I think univet does as well.

I am currently trying out loupes with contact lens. because I have never worn glasses before it is a big adjustment for me.
I think I will try out contact lens with loupe for this semester before I make the big change (adding the lens to the loupe) :)