troubled past

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polskasila

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before i got my act together i was a bit of a trouble maker and managed to get busted with pot. Now i got into my dream ds with this on my record. this year i am going to get this expunged off my record.

Does anyone know if i will be able to get licensed when i graduate once i have this expunged?

Members don't see this ad.

Depend on the state. Nevada would give you a hard time.

Yeah, I think you are ok, though it does vary by state.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have swallowed it and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

You talking an eighth or a few pounds? Possession of a small quantity may have just been a misdemeanor....that probably wouldn't get in your way. Intent to sell or felony possession may.

Assuming you truly get your record expunged (erased from record), then there's no need to ever mention the incident to anyone ever again. If you simply have your record sealed, you may run into some problems. You need to talk to a lawyer about your situation, not ask a bunch of medical professionals.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay.
counselor.jpg

I think if you have any convictions for drugs you can't get federal loan money. I may be wrong, it might only be a felony conviction but I thought it was any conviction that disqualified you for federal loans.