True pass fail DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AkhandBharat

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The resource you attached is pretty informative.

The first column is a little confusing. The (or Variant) makes things weird. Whats the definition of a variant version of Pass-Fall? If its just H/HP/P/F version then that doesn't help.

The composite class rank is nice and might give a better idea.

At Msucom. Yes it is pass/fail. But we do have a internal percentile system

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
H/HP/P/F being a "variant" of P/F is the dumbest thing ever lmao. it's basically just A/B/C/F...

Rowan follows the H/HP/P/F system

Every school has rankings within the system. No matter if it is pass/fail or if the school SAYS they don't do class rankings (VCOM), believe me they are still there so don't let this fool you.

Every school has rankings within the system. No matter if it is pass/fail or if the school SAYS they don't do class rankings (VCOM), believe me they are still there so don't let this fool you.

Are you referring only to DO schools? I know a couple MD schools with actually no internal ranking.

Reactions: 1 users
Are you referring only to DO schools? I know a couple MD schools with actually no internal ranking.

Yeah and even a step below that some only do quartiles and don't have an actual numerical rank. I actually like that system

KCU currently under A/B/C/D with +/-. Antiquated system IMO. I believe they are currently pushing to change this.

Same for CCOM. Except they're probably not pushing to change it lol.

I am almost certain EVERY school has a ranking no matter how they advertise. Arbitrarily if there was a school that absolutely did not rank whatsoever, then I think good students would be at an absolute loss for nice residency buffer on their applications. Class rankings, to a lot of residencies, play a big role in the selection process. I just have a question, though, how do you know with absolute certainty that there is no ranking? even behind closed doors? I say this, because I asked an official at a school I interviewed at about class rankings (because they advertise equality and don't have class ranks) and she said directly to me that there are rankings, but the students don't ever see them.

I am almost certain EVERY school has a ranking no matter how they advertise. Arbitrarily if there was a school that absolutely did not rank whatsoever, then I think good students would be at an absolute loss for nice residency buffer on their applications. Class rankings, to a lot of residencies, play a big role in the selection process. I just have a question, though, how do you know with absolute certainty that there is no ranking? even behind closed doors? I say this, because I asked an official at a school I interviewed at about class rankings (because they advertise equality and don't have class ranks) and she said directly to me that there are rankings, but the students don't ever see them.

I believe CWRU/Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine does not have class ranking because they do not take exams in their preclinical years at all. It's a class of 30-40. I'm sure there can be other things the dean of such a prestigious school can write in their MSPE like pursuing a diligent research project and winning research grants or whatnot could help with the fact that there's no ranking on their letter no?

I believe CWRU/Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine does not have class ranking because they do not take exams in their preclinical years at all. It's a class of 30-40. I'm sure there can be other things the dean of such a prestigious school can write in their MSPE like pursuing a diligent research project and winning research grants or whatnot could help with the fact that there's no ranking on their letter no?

You do have a point, but I would consider that a special case because there are really no grounds to rank and it seems they are critiqued in another manner. That's pretty neat, though.

PNWU has a PF curriculum, but I'm not positive if they have an internal ranking.

Azcom definitely does not have pass/fail. They use actual number grades!

Azcom definitely does not have pass/fail. They use actual number grades!

TUNCOM has number grades as well. I really liked the school overall but when someone asked the current students how they feel about not being p/f we got the most BS answer ever.