• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

True special master's programs

futurekidsbraindoc

Jun 19, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm an undergrad at Reed College, which is known for deflated gpa's, so my final gpa is going to end up much lower than most applicants. I'm looking for a 1 year special masters program or regular MS that would help raise my gpa and expose me to classes that my small LAC did not offer. The program would have to be under 1 year long, as I would be attending during the cycle I apply to medical school. Any suggestions?

Dec 15, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Pretty good SMP list here made by another person on SDN(paradoxic_toxic I believe):

These are all 1 or 2 years long, I'm not aware of any programs under 1 year. I'm not sure why you are going to be applying while in the SMP if you have a low gpa. It seems like you'd get the most benefit by applying after doing well in the SMP. Additionally, some of the SMPs have conditional acceptances/interviews.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I'm an undergrad at Reed College, which is known for deflated gpa's, so my final gpa is going to end up much lower than most applicants. I'm looking for a 1 year special masters program or regular MS that would help raise my gpa and expose me to classes that my small LAC did not offer. The program would have to be under 1 year long, as I would be attending during the cycle I apply to medical school. Any suggestions?
Just an observation. If you apply while you are attending SMP, none of those grades will be in your record or application to medical school.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.