TrueLearn Advanced Question

Started by RRTinCO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RRTinCO

Neb Jockey to Gas Passer
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While studying for the advanced exam on TrueLearn, I have noticed that the percentile graph seems off. The average percent of correct questions is 63%, which correlates to 20th percentile. Based off of the distribution, it appears to be roughly a standard bell curve, with 63% correct in the middle (where 50th percentile should be).

Does this mean that people getting 63% of the questions correct achieved 20th percentile for the actual exam? Sorry if the answer is obvious, I am unable to find an explanation online.
 
My presumption is that related to percentile among test takers on TrueLearn. I wasn’t contacted by them regarding my percentile on the advanced exam, so from my n of 1 they aren’t soliciting that information.

Anecdotally I know a number of people who sat in the 60s and passed with a much higher percentile than 20.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's part of what has me worried about the exam. Go look at the curve from the ITE this year. 20 questions encompassed 95% of the distribution, meaning that each question counted for multiple percentiles.