Truly Bizarre

Started by fargeese
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fargeese

VMRCVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Check out this link--

http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/index.html

Before you go EEEEEW! read her bio, sort of an interesting background. Not art I am going to buy anytime soon, but it should be noted that she didn't kill any of the animals in her work before you get all up in arms. And I bet she rocked her animal physiology class.
 
I think it's great that she's involved in the academic world but I still think it's not something I would want to put on display. I guess taxidermy really isn't my thing anyway :barf:
 
there was a time when almost every wildlifer/naturalist knew how to do taxidermy (i don't), and i think it's pretty cool she is keeping this lost art alive. thanks for sharing fargeese!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I teach right next to a huge building with TAXIDERMY written in 3-foot tall letters across it, and my students regularly bring me photos of them with their recently-shot elk, deer and antelope. Two students engaged in a heated debate once asked me to clarify once and for all just where to cut on an elk for a shoulder mount (alas, I couldn't help them!). BUT--I've never seen anything like that. Not quite my cup of tea, but definitely interesting.