Truly Bizarre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fargeese

VMRCVM Class of 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check out this link--

http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/index.html

Before you go EEEEEW! read her bio, sort of an interesting background. Not art I am going to buy anytime soon, but it should be noted that she didn't kill any of the animals in her work before you get all up in arms. And I bet she rocked her animal physiology class.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's great that she's involved in the academic world but I still think it's not something I would want to put on display. I guess taxidermy really isn't my thing anyway :barf:

there was a time when almost every wildlifer/naturalist knew how to do taxidermy (i don't), and i think it's pretty cool she is keeping this lost art alive. thanks for sharing fargeese!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I teach right next to a huge building with TAXIDERMY written in 3-foot tall letters across it, and my students regularly bring me photos of them with their recently-shot elk, deer and antelope. Two students engaged in a heated debate once asked me to clarify once and for all just where to cut on an elk for a shoulder mount (alas, I couldn't help them!). BUT--I've never seen anything like that. Not quite my cup of tea, but definitely interesting.