Truly Blessed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sidalexis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just felt the need to share my story because this application cycle has been an absolute blessing for me. I am a non-traditional applicant with a history of "running away" from medical school. When I finally made the decision to apply, I was several pre-reqs short and a lot of money short. I had to take some of the classes at community colleges, because I am a full-time grad student. I studied for the MCAT while taking Physics, doing my research, and teaching. With a sub-30 score and a non-traditional route, I was sure that I would be passed over even with my graduate degree. But I decided to go for it. I am so happy to say that I applied to 17 schools, interviewed at 6, and have 5 acceptances to date with one school I haven't heard from. I recently got an interview invite at a top ten school. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but because I believe that when God blesses you, you shouldn't keep it to yourself. I am so encouraged that others in my situation can achieve the same thing and I hope that I am passing on a little inspiration. To doubt yourself is to doubt God's ability. I invite others to share their blessings on this thread to serve as a reminder of God's goodness!

Members don't see this ad.

I just felt the need to share my story because this application cycle has been an absolute blessing for me. I am a non-traditional applicant with a history of "running away" from medical school. When I finally made the decision to apply, I was several pre-reqs short and a lot of money short. I had to take some of the classes at community colleges, because I am a full-time grad student. I studied for the MCAT while taking Physics, doing my research, and teaching. With a sub-30 score and a non-traditional route, I was sure that I would be passed over even with my graduate degree. But I decided to go for it. I am so happy to say that I applied to 17 schools, interviewed at 6, and have 5 acceptances to date with one school I haven't heard from. I recently got an interview invite at a top ten school. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but because I believe that when God blesses you, you shouldn't keep it to yourself. I am so encouraged that others in my situation can achieve the same thing and I hope that I am passing on a little inspiration. To doubt yourself is to doubt God's ability. I invite others to share their blessings on this thread to serve as a reminder of God's goodness!

God is awesome isn't He! Your story just goes to show that if we stay faithful and keep believing that there is no limits to our God can and will do. It also shows that when God has a plan for our lives, nothing can get in the way of that! Man oh man. I love hearing these stories and seeing them. It allows me to just smile and man do I serve an AWESOME God! Congrats to you and all of your success. I am sure that you have much more to come. Keep sharing your testimony because you never know who is watching or listening and your story might just be what they need to change their life. God bless you in everything that you do and hopefully I will get the chance to meet you and sit down and really talk about His good works. When I say hopefully, I am of course speaking about HUCM. Gotta speak that good faith.

I will share my testimony on here as well as soon as the Lord brings me my acceptance. I'm just at work right now. God bless!

I can't wait to hear it! All of SDN will be cheering with you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
We are all truly blessed to have the opportunity to pursue our dreams. Congrats on your success :) I wish you both the best of luck.

I, too, have been very blessed. When I think about all of the goodness that has come into my life, I can hardly believe it. My mother continues to be a cancer survivor and the rock of my life. I have more medical school acceptances than I could ever believe would be my good fortune. I am about to begin a career that I dreamed about from age 12.

I don't know what the Lord has in store for me next but if I didn't live another day, I have been blessed beyond belief. Every day is a wonder and I can't wait to become an instrument of the Lord through my medical practice. Through him, all things are possible. I am living proof every day.

I am praying for all the good folks here who have been so supportive and encouraging. I know for sure, that you will achieve your dreams too. Let us celebrate in his birth for he came to save all mankind. Here's good wishes for the New Year and the new challenges ahead for us all.

I, too, have been very blessed. When I think about all of the goodness that has come into my life, I can hardly believe it. My mother continues to be a cancer survivor and the rock of my life. I have more medical school acceptances than I could ever believe would be my good fortune. I am about to begin a career that I dreamed about from age 12.

I don't know what the Lord has in store for me next but if I didn't live another day, I have been blessed beyond belief. Every day is a wonder and I can't wait to become an instrument of the Lord through my medical practice. Through him, all things are possible. I am living proof every day.

I am praying for all the good folks here who have been so supportive and encouraging. I know for sure, that you will achieve your dreams too. Let us celebrate in his birth for he came to save all mankind. Here's good wishes for the New Year and the new challenges ahead for us all.
Congratulations sidalexis, cuyahogamd2b, and everyone else living their dream right now. We are all extremely blessed beyond belief.

This thread reminds me of testifying at church,lol... I can hear a bunch of people yelling "Amen"... in the background,lol... but congrats to all of you who are having wonderful blessings and success this cycle!!

This thread reminds me of testifying at church,lol... I can hear a bunch of people yelling "Amen"... in the background,lol... but congrats to all of you who are having wonderful blessings and success this cycle!!

Amen!

As a former board lurker, I agree, you have no idea who is watching and reading, searching for those few, ephemeral, glimmers of hope and faith amongst the thousands of concrete posts. Beautiful story, thanks for sharing. :)

wow just happened to make my way to this section of Pre-Allo...

i must say i am very happy for all those that have made it to medical school..i know the road was tough and long but doesnt it feel good when you get that letter with the Congratulations and your name followed..:D

Simply put God is soooo goooood :love:

God is good...or as the Qur'an puts it Allahu Akhbar