Trump executive orders on drug pricing

Started by Dr Wario
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr Wario

Hey you! Want to try this pill?
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

Anyone have any thoughts on the orders signed today? I think the most interesting is that pharmacies and wholesales will be able to import drugs directly from Canada "and other countries". Can anyone post the exact text of these orders, I cannot seem to locate as of yet.
 
They are all political stunts as all of them have major escape clauses that are inevitably activated. All are DOA given those clauses. The MN law is what is triggering this review, and I'm all for this fight. It's 15 years overdue. One way or another, this pricing scam stuff should be settled. I personally am against carry trade compulsory licensing myself and want to bring Japan, France, Germany, Canada, and the Commonwealth into more equitable pricing with the US.

If the Republicans were smart about it, they should try to get something passed on their terms rather than wait until after the election and let the Democrats run the policy. BIO especially needs to curtail the follow-on biologics legislation that is making its way through the rounds if they want to preserve their margins.