Trump's Executive Order

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cardiac Amyloidosis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG that studied in one of the countries on his "banned list" (eventually transferred to the Caribbean). Nonetheless, I am a Canadian citizen. On the ERAS application you don't get to input your citizenship status, just "what you identify as".

Should I contact the PDs where I interviewed to make sure they know that I am not a citizen of one of those countries?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You absolutely get to put your citizenship in your ERAS application. You also should have put whether you needed a visa, and what type.

But if there's any question, feel free to contact programs and clarify.

EDIT: I might be wrong. You get to put if you're a US citizen or not, but if not perhaps you don't put where you're a citizen of. It's all screened in my apps, so I can't see it.

You absolutely get to put your citizenship in your ERAS application. You also should have put whether you needed a visa, and what type.

But if there's any question, feel free to contact programs and clarify.

EDIT: I might be wrong. You get to put if you're a US citizen or not, but if not perhaps you don't put where you're a citizen of. It's all screened in my apps, so I can't see it.

Yeah I just get to say "citizen of foreign country" and whether I'm currently residing in the US or not (not specifically which country I am a citizen of) and which visa I will need.

Hello,
I am in the same situation but I am a green card holder (lawful permanent resident). I put that in my app but I'm afraid that my ranking will be affected after the new executive orders, can they actually do that just because I am a graduate from one of those countries? (been living in the US for 6 years now).. Which made it worse, is that I heard some of the programs actually interviewed more people after the ban! Although none of which I have interviewed at.. but still very concerned :(

Hello,
I am in the same situation but I am a green card holder (lawful permanent resident). I put that in my app but I'm afraid that my ranking will be affected after the new executive orders, can they actually do that just because I am a graduate from one of those countries? (been living in the US for 6 years now).. Which made it worse, is that I heard some of the programs actually interviewed more people after the ban! Although none of which I have interviewed at.. but still very concerned :(

I am pretty sure you are fine because of your green card. You would have put on your application that you do not need a visa, right?

I am pretty sure you are fine because of your green card. You would have put on your application that you do not need a visa, right?
Thank you so much for your answer, yes I did, and I made sure to say that in every interview I had.. I really hope it won't affect me :(

Hello,