Trying to contact Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chives_irvine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be home in California next week so I am going to visit a couple schools. I have been trying to contact Western U for at least a month (trying to make an appointment to visit) and they haven't gotten back to me. Any advice as to what I should do?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't really help, but I was never able to contact Western U either so you're not alone :( :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to be home in California next week so I am going to visit a couple schools. I have been trying to contact Western U for at least a month (trying to make an appointment to visit) and they haven't gotten back to me. Any advice as to what I should do?
I called the admissions office a few days ago and got in contact with someone.

Here's who I called:
Mina Mikhael — University Recruiter
(909) 469 – 5410

Sent from my SM-N910T using SDN mobile

I called the admissions office a few days ago and got in contact with someone.

Here's who I called:
Mina Mikhael — University Recruiter
(909) 469 – 5410

I have specifically called and left Mina several messages... never returned any calls

I have specifically called and left Mina several messages... never returned any calls
There are 4 other admissions phone numbers on their website, maybe try them all if you haven't already.

Also, the CDA convention will be going on in Anaheim next weekend and WesternU will have a booth there as well as other california dental schools. Mina said he will be there.

Is Mina a male or female? Does that person have a Ph.D? I get e-mails from that person all the time, but I never know how address them when I am replying. I don't want to seem rude, so I typically begin with, "Hello" and just write the rest of my email. I tried looking at their website and couldn't find specifics or photos to answer my question..help?

Is Mina a male or female? Does that person have a Ph.D? I get e-mails from that person all the time, but I never know how address them when I am replying. I don't want to seem rude, so I typically begin with, "Hello" and just write the rest of my email. I tried looking at their website and couldn't find specifics or photos to answer my question..help?
He is a male. Nice guy, just very busy

Reactions: 1 user
Heads up to anyone in the LA area on the 26th (not sure if it aligns with your visit), they have a Preview Day where you can talk to people in admissions, current students, and mess around with their drills. Really fun and informative and I walked away from it two summers ago very impressed with the school
WesternU Preview - Prospective Students

Reactions: 1 user
is it pretty common to visit schools? are they more laid back and willing to answer questions compared to medical schools? I am new to dental forum (premed to predental student)

is it pretty common to visit schools? are they more laid back and willing to answer questions compared to medical schools? I am new to dental forum (premed to predental student)
It depends on the school. I have visited many different schools, and for some, it was very obvious they didn't want me to visit or even apply, but for others, they loved having me come. Best to talk to schools directly

Heads up to anyone in the LA area on the 26th (not sure if it aligns with your visit), they have a Preview Day where you can talk to people in admissions, current students, and mess around with their drills. Really fun and informative and I walked away from it two summers ago very impressed with the school
WesternU Preview - Prospective Students
I would love love love to go, but it's a long drive/fly from Missouri.. I'm saving up money to head that way for an interview(fingerscrossed)

I would say that any time you have a chance to visit a school in person and you have the ability to go, go for it! From my experiences at other dental schools, they are super happy to have you there. It gives them a chance to know your face before your name crosses their desk on an application and it allows them to see your personality rather than your stats.